Product Code : AVBVDPC
Learn how a city built in swampland, developed & maintained a Great Mercantile Empire and the longest running Republic in the history of the world. Cross the Bridge of Sighs, to see the prisons of the Doges Palace, while housing all the institutions inside its chambers that made Venice one of the most enlightened cities in the world. The Venetians also adorned the Doges Palace with fabulous works of Art that will be discussed during your tour of the Doges Palace.
In two glorious hours learn the history of Venice from its origins to the modern day as your Venice walking tour itinerary commences with a walking tour of St. Mark’s to admire & discuss its landmark monuments and to visit St. Mark’s Basilica and Pala d'Oro. You can follow every word of your expert English-speaking Venice Tour Guide as you discuss all the major attractions that will include the Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs, Bell Tower & Clock Tower.
In the second part of the walking tour we'll leave the hordes of tourists behind in St. Mark's Square to explore a very different Venice. A Venice that's more fascinating and intimate, what we call the Hidden Venice. Main highlights will include Castello district, Campo Santa Maria Formosa, Ponte Paradiso bridge & Calle Paradiso, Salizada San Lio and many more. Enjoy this voyage of enlightenment through the labyrinth of back alleys and sleepy canals of the Hidden Venice to have a full introduction to Venice on one of our most popular city sightseeing tours.
Limited to a maximum of 20 participants with complimentary headphones included. Sit back, relax and take in all the beauty of Venice from a completely different perspective as you glide down Venice's main water street to admire the important buildings that line its banks. They illustrate the great history of Venice, which your expert Venice tour guide will discuss along with stories about famous characters, who have at one time called this waterway their home. Limited to 8/9 people, and visiting minor canals, it provides a very intimate and easy-going tour of Venice far from the crowds of St. Mark’s. Please note there will be a break between each tour portion based on each tour's individual operational schedule.
- See the Bridge of Sighs and the prisons
- Enjoy a 2-hour tour of the Doge's Palace featuring interior rooms of the Palace
- Enjoy a 2-hour tour - Venice walking tour including St Mark's Square & St Mark's Basilica
- Enjoy 1hr Grand Canal Boat Tour
- Licensed Expert Guide for 5 hours
- 1-hour Boat ride of the Grand Canal on a luxurious motor-launch
- Skip-the-line tickets for St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace
- St. Mark's Square, St Mark's Basilica with skip the line tickets
- Hotel pick up or drop off
- Food or beverages
Know Before You Book
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
Know Before You Go
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to enter St Mark's Basilica
- Luggage is not allowed at St Mark's Basilica
No options available on this date.