Product Code : SBOSM
Printed Voucher Required
The lovely city Salzburg in Austria is famous as the birthplace of legendary music composer Mozart. But the music theme goes beyond classical music in this UNESCO protected town. On a trip to Salzburg, you sign up for the Original Sound of Music tour if you are a movie lover. On this tour, you can expect to see various locations of the 1960’s blockbuster musical, Sound of Music.
You will also learn about the true story of the Von Trapp Family and behind-the-scenes trivia related to the filming of this movie. The Sound of Music tour in Salzburg is the city’s most popular tour since 1967 and offers the best of Salzburg attractions along with the scenic lake and mountain landscapes. Listen to the original movie soundtrack en route to Mirabell Gardens, featured in many scenes including the Do-Re-Mi song, Palace of Leopoldskron, where the boating scene took place, the gazebo where the ‘Sixteen Going on Seventeen’ was shot, the Abbey where the original Maria Augusta von Trapp, who inspired the movie, used to teach.
The Salzburg guided tour will also take you to St. Gilgen/Lake Wolfgang, the beautiful location featured in the opening sequence and the Church of Mondsee, where the wedding between Maria and the Baron was held. Relive all your favorite moments from the movie and sing along, because the hills of Salzburg are alive with the sound of music.
- See all Sound of Music locations in Salzburg
- See movie locations like Palace of Leopoldskron, Church of Mondsee, Nonnberg Abbey
- Visit the Gazebo made famous by the song ‘Sixteen Going on Seventeen'
- Discover lake and mountain landscapes of Salzburg
- The Original Sound of Music tour in Salzburg
- Limited photo stop at key filming sites
- Explore filming location of "The Sound of Music"
- Professional tour guide
- Food and Drinks
Know Before You Book
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior the tour
Know Before You Go
- Infant must sit on laps
- This tour is stroller accessible
No options available on this date.