Product Code : RIREB-C
Printed Voucher Required
Tour and Champagne tasting at Taittinger.* Taittinger is one of the last Grandes Maisons de Champagne to be independent and owned by the grandson of the founder, Pierre Taittinger. Taittinger's style is characterised by a high proportion of Chardonnay, synonymous with finesse and elegance in the Champagne region. Taittinger vineyards cover 288 hectares which include some of the appellations finest.
This Grande Maison's treasure is not only the millions of bottles in the cellars but the remains from the old benedictine abbey of St Nicaise dating back to the 13th century and the old chalk quarries dating from the 4th century listed as a UNESCO world heritage site. And there is the possibility for you to try other kinds of Champagnes. You just have to pay for the extra tastings directly on our website or at the end of the tour.
Sightseeing of the city of Reims: Grandes Maisons de Champagne, Cathedral... We will drive through the streets of Reims to show you the other famous champagne houses and discover its monuments: La Place Royale, the city hall, place du forum and above all the Cathedral. Listed in the UNESCO World Heritage, 13th century Notre-Dame de Reims Cathedral is one of Europe's most important Gothic structures. It is here that King Clovis was baptized around year 498 giving birth to the Kingdom of the Franks and starting a long lasting tradition: except two, all of the Kings of France would be crowned here!
Lunch is at your leisure (own expense) Hautvillers Sightseeing. On the way to Epernay, we take you to the Marne Valley on a journey through the vineyard to meet with a prestigious figure of the area: Dom Peacuterignon who finalized the process to elaborate Champagne. He highly contributed to the fame of Champagne and is now buried in the church of the former Benedictine Abbey of Hautvillers.
Sightseeing of Avenue de Champagne in Epernay Located in the heart of town, Epernay is internationally known as the Capital of Champagne. Epernay's stunning main street appears like an exhibition of opulent mansions housing the most illustrious Maisons de Champagne: Moeumlt Chandon, Perrier-Jouet, Mercier, etc. Not to mention the 110km of tunnels under the pavement! Guided tour and tasting at world famous Grande Maison de Champagne Moeumlt Chandon.* Founded in 1743 by Claude Moumlet it becomes within 40 year the first international brand in the world.
- Visit Epernay and learn about the history of Dom Perignon at Benedictine Abbey of Hautvillers
- Small group tour with national licensed guide in English
- Explore Taittinger with your guide and taste two exotic Champagnes
- Sightseeing of the city of Reims and discover its famous monuments
- Guided tour and tasting at Grande Maison de Champagne Moeuml
- t and Chandon.*
- Guided tour as per the itinerary
- Two Champagne tasting at a Grande Maison
- Licensed Tour Guide
- Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned 8 passengers minivan
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Other Tastings
Know Before You Book
- No payment will be refunded upon cancellation
- Subject to availability: Taittinger could be replaced by Mumm or Pommery. Moet Chandon could be repl
- Children up-to 3 years are free of charge
No options available on this date.