Product Code : NODP
Take a soul-stirring look into American history with visits to 2 of the prominent plantation homes along the Mississippi riverfront. Take a drive along the Great River Road, which winds along the Mississippi River, wherein the Whitney and Laura plantations sit.
Whitney Plantation, open to the public for the very first time in over 260 years, it is the only plantation museum in Louisiana that concentrates on slavery. Through museum exhibits, memorial artwork, restored buildings, and numerous first-person slave narratives, Whitney serves as a site of memory and consciousness that pays homage to all slaves who survived and died there, as well as those who lived elsewhere in the United States.
At Laura Plantation, enter the interesting world of Creoles who lived on this sugar plantation, aside from the American mainstream, for over 200 years. The tour is created based on information taken from 4 generations of family documents that reveal the real-life accounts of the slaves, owners, women, and children who survived there.
- Transportation from New Orleans to the two plantations
- Views of Lake Pontchartrain from the Bonnet Carre Spillway
- Professional guide for personalized experience
- View the plantations that sit along the Mississippi River
- Enjoy a 7.5-hour tour of double plantations- Laura and Whitey
- Experience a captivating look at life on a historic southern plantation
- Live commentary in English
- Roundtrip motor coach transportation to and from Central Orleans
- Guided tour of 2 Plantation homes - Whitney and Laura
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know Before You Book
- Due to the homes' historic nature, access to the second floor is by stairs only
- Children under 6 (not occupying a seat on tours) are free of charge
Know Before You Go
- Please arrive at meeting point 15 minutes before tour starts
- Coolers or meals are not allowed
- Only dry snacks/foods and beverages with tops are allowed on the vehicles
No options available on this date.
Location & Meeting Points
No Review Available
We couldn't find any review for this product.