Product Code : MYAL-C
One of Greece’s most popular destinations, Mykonos is synonymous with whitewashed towns and blue-colored domed churches. While bars and beaches are high on the list for most visitors, the island offers many other lovely attractions.
One of the things to do in Mykonos is to head out to the Armenistis Lighthouse. This fully functional and historic lighthouse is perched on the north-west of the island, above a beautiful bay. It is located down the north coastal road and is accessed by crossing through Stephanos and the Houlakia Bay areas. The Armenistis Lighthouse was built after a 19th-century English shipwreck nearby, which claimed the lives of 11 crew members. During your Armenistis Lighthouse tour, admire the structure of this octagonal cylindrical stone tower, 19 meters in height, with a lantern and gallery on the top. It still flashes a white beacon every 10 seconds, in continuation of its old maritime tradition of ensuring safe sea voyages.
This guided tour of Mykonos also makes an ideal choice for photographers because of its scenic location, overlooking the strait between Tinos and Mykonos. Capture the eye-popping panorama over the Aegean Sea and if you time it right, you can catch a blazing red sun setting over between an endless sea and sky.
- Learn about Mykonos' maritime history
- Includes transfers to and from the Central Mykonos Hotels or Cruise Post
- An offbeat tour in Mykonos
- Guided tour to Armenistis Lighthouse in Mykonos
- See a blazing sunset and eye-popping scenic views
- Transportation from the pick-up location (hotel or cruise ship port) to the lighthouse and back
Know Before You Book
- Child must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your voucher (printed/digital) at the meeting point
- The participation of people with serious illness is prohibited on this activity
Armenistis Lighthouse Visit
Duration : 01:00
Live Commentary Language
This option is Cancellable. Click here to view cancellation policy.