Product Code : RYMELS
Enjoy a half-day tour to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial. Visit the Habsburg Palace, the Kings and Princes Mausoleum, the Basilica, and the Library. Discover the building’s history with your local guide. Enjoy the free time provided after the visit and explore the garden area. Check-in at our office in central Madrid at least 15 minutes in advance of your tour.
Leave the city aboard one of our air-conditioned coaches towards the Royal Monastery of El Escorial. Symbol of the Spanish power in the 16th century, the site was built to commemorate the victory on the battle of San Quintín. Promoted by King Felipe II, the construction took 21 years to complete and was aimed to be the family vault.
Wonder at the architectural design, based on the symmetry and balance according to the humanist Renaissance style. That is the reason why it has been considered the eighth wonder of the world and still is one of the most singular buildings in Europe. Get to know the building's importance and functionality. Visit some of the site highlights, such as the Habsburg Palace, the Royal Library, and the Pantheon for both Kings and Infantes.
At the end of the guided tour, you will have free time to visit the site Gardens and the surrounding area.
- The Monastery was declared a World Heritage Site
- It has been considered the eighth wonder of the world, and nowadays it is still considered one of the most singular buildings in Europe
- The Monastery was built as a symbol of the Spanish power in the XVI century that commemorates Spanish victory at the battle of St. Quentin
- Knowledgeable guide
- Radio guide system
- Admission to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial
- Transportation on an air conditioned coach
- Food and Drinks
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Know Before You Book
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation without prior notice due to force majeure
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under 5 years of age are free of charge
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
- Photography and filming are not permitted inside the exhibitions
- The excursion includes some walking so please wear comfortable shoes
- Failure to show up at the established check in time may entail losing the tour
No options available on this date.