Product Code : PRODUCT5665
One of the best things to do in Kyoto is to sign up for a walking tour of Pontocho and Gion Shirakawa, the old Geisha entertainment neighborhoods of the city. On this walking tour, you will be able to soak in the traditional ambience of the two districts featuring narrow brick-paved streets, old wooden Japanese teahouses and canals with romantic bridges. In these “Flower Districts” of the past, Kyoto’s famous Geishas entertained visitors with music and dance performances. If you are lucky, you may even spot a real Geisha.
As part of the experience of the evening, you can look forward to a Pontocho food tour. There will be 4 food and drink stops, beginning with a vintage, post-war Japan style restaurant, where you will be served some seasonal and local specialties of the region. Then you will visit a typical Pontocho eatery to sample different versions of yakitori (charcoal-grilled skewers).
Next on the agenda is a legendary noodle shop, where you will be able to taste dishes of handmade noodles. Also expect to savor some local sake (rice wine) during your Pontocho food tour in Kyoto.
- Explore the historic districts of Kyoto
- See traditional architecture in Kyoto
- Try traditional specialties of Japanese cuisine
- Walking tour of Pontocho and Gion
- Food tour in Pontocho, Kyoto
- 5 food and drinks stops
- Historic area sightseeing
- Professional English speaking guide
- Hotel pick up
- Additional drinks or food can be purchased on the day of travel
Know Before You Book
- Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or allergies
Know Before You Go
- On rainy days, we recommend bringing an umbrella
- Please exchange your voucher (printed/digital) at the meeting point
Kyoto casual evening Pontocho - Food Tour
Duration : 03:00
Live Commentary Language
This option is Cancellable. Click here to view cancellation policy.