Product Code : SKCT-C
The last old capital ruled by the kings, Kandy city is situated between lush mountains. Known as the cultural capital of the island, the city is also labeled as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1988. Home to the some famous temple in Sri Lanka, the Sri Dalada Maligawa, also called as the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, it attracts worshippers and tourists from around the world. Right above the stunning temple and palace complex, is a forest looming over the city, thriving with monkeys and other animals which prevents any sound from the bustling city below, the Udawatte Kele is sight to witness!
Kandy is also the nice place for immersing yourself in the island's rich culture and heritage, while being surrounded by nature. Our guides are well experienced and knowledgeable about all attractions in Kandy, we will escort you on a remarkable trip and where we will explain about all must-see places and sceneries in Kandy. So just book the package and enjoy your time!
Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, also popular as Sri Dalada Maligawa is a religious place of worship for Buddhists as it is believed to hold the sacred tooth relic of the Buddha. The city is believed to have been declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, mostly due to the Significance of the temple. The temple was built within the complex of the royal palace, as it was believed that whoever grasp the religious tooth relic has to hold the governance of the nation.
Royal Palace of Kandy Situated right next to the sacred temple of the tooth, the Royal Palace was the official residence of the last king of Kandy. It is believed that the only reason the temple and palace are located within the same complex is that whoever had the right to govern the country should hold the relic for safekeeping. Kandy Lake Lake of Kandy ushers in cool winds from the surrounding high mountains to the local streets. This artificial lake is built exactly opposite to the temple complex. It was believed that the king constructed this lake with a private tunnel that goes through the palace. Stride around the lake or enjoy a beautiful boat ride from one end to another.
Embekke Devalaya, Embekka Village Approx. 3 kms from the Royal Botanical Gardens Peradeniya, Handessa 20480 Sri Lanka Embekke Devalaya is most known for the stunning woodcarvings, pillars and various other structures.
- Stopover at the national museum, temple of the Gadaladenia and Lankathilaka along with botanical gardens
- Visit the well-known temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic and Udawattekele Sanctuary
- Discover the centrally located Kandy city in Sri Lanka on a full day city tour
- Watch local artist performances at cultural dance show near Kandy lake
- See the city's top-most attractions like the Royal Palace, city lake and Embekke village
- Entrance tickets to cultural show
- Hotel pick up and drop off from Kandy
- Transfers by air condition vehicle
- King coconut refreshments
- English speaking chauffeur guide
- Entrance tickets to the places of visit
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Book
- Infants and children should be accommodated by parents
- Infants from 0 to 2 years are free of charge
- In case of bad weather activity will be rearranged or 80% of total tour fee will be refunded.
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
No options available on this date.