Product Code : HEE3D2N
Printed Voucher Required
On Day 1 (Monday) we will visit: Heraklio - Diktaion Adron - Lasithi Plateau - Agios Nikolaos - Sitia (L-D) Meeting with the guide and departure to explore the Archaeological Museum of Heraklion, among the finest museums of Greece and the best in the world for Minoan art as it possesses the most significant and comprehensive collection of artifacts of the Minoan civilization of Crete. After viewing the museum, we proceed with our tour by driving up the Dikti Mountain 900m, above sea level, where the Diktaion Adron, the cave wherein according to the legend Zeus was born, is located.
After visiting the Diktaion Adron, we continue to the Lasithi Plateau, the greatest and most beautiful of Crete and then down to the port city of Agios Nikolaos. Following Lunch, at Agios Nikolaos, we head off to visit the seaside city of Sitia, an appealing town built amphitheatrically on the side of a hill. Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Sitia. On Day 2 (Tuesday) we will visit: Sitia - Vai - Toplou Monastery - Ierapetra - Zaros (B-L-D) Breakfast at the hotel.
We depart Sitia to head over to the palm beach of Vai, well known for its white sand and the palm tree forest. Vai futures the greatest natural palm forest in Europe and it falls under the Toplou Monastery which we visit next. At the 15th century monastery of Toplou, we stop by the museum with its priceless collection of icons.
We proceed with our tour to the most southern city of the island, Ierapetra, where we have leisure time for swimming and relaxing on the beach before lunch. In the afternoon we leave Ierapetra and drive to the pretty mountain village of Zaros, famous for its spring waters which are now bottled and sold all over Greece.
Dinner at the hotel and thereafter Cretan night (traditional Cretan music and dances). Overnight at the Hotel in Zaros. On Day 3 (Wednesday) we will visit Zaros - Gortina - Phaistos - Spili - Vatos - Lampini - Rethimno (B-L-D) After having breakfast at the hotel in Zaros, we proceed towards the valley of Messara we uncover the ruins of Cortina.
Cortina was the Roman capital of Creta et Cyrenaica and was first inhabited around 3200BC. After Cortina, we take a look at Phaistos archaeological site and it's Palace, the most important center of the Minoan civilization, and the most prosperous and powerful city in southern Crete.
- All-inclusive trip with breakfast, lunch and dinners
- Traditional Lunch at Vaggelio's House serving dishes from the farm
- Services of a professional and expert tour guide
- Explore places like Diktaion, Adron, Toplou Monastery, Lerapetra, Phaistos, Spili, Vatos, Lampini
- Know the fascinating stories about the sites from our expert guide
- Know how Cretan Raki, a drink is produced at the Raki Boiler in Vatos
- 3 Days / 2 Nights tour to explore eastern and southern Crete from Heraklion
- Visit the church and museum of Lampini
- Hotel accommodation - 1 Night in 3* hotel at Zaros on HB Basis (Cretan Night)
- Hotel accommodation -1 Night in 3* hotel at Sitia on HB Basis
- Professional Guide during the tour
- 3 Lunches at traditional restaurants (Agios Nikolaos, lerapetra, Vatos)
- Vat and all taxes included
- Air-conditioned Motor-coach
- Hotel return transportation
- Typical Cretan Night with Dinner on Tuesday (Unlimited local wine included)
- Drinks and beverages during the meals
- Entrance Fee at the museums and the archaeological sites
- Optional Excursions
- Porterage Service
Know Before You Book
- Please share your hotel details within 24 HRS from the time of booking confirmation
- No payments will be refunded on cancellation
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your voucher (printed/digital) at the meeting point
No options available on this date.