Product Code : BCN6
Embark on a full day trip from Barcelona to discover two historic towns of Spain. You will first arrive at Girona, a medieval city known for its well-preserved Jewish houses and the Game of Thrones movie lcoations. On a walking tour of through the cobbled streets, you will visit Girona Cathedral (ticket not included), among other landmarks and reach the river banks. The Barcelona to Girona day trip includes free time to explore the town on your own.
The second part of the Girona and Montserrat guided tour will take you to the Montserrat Mountain, which towers to a height of 4,051 feet. See the odd-shaped rocky terrains shaped by wind and rain over centuries. The place is famous for the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which houses a 12th-century Roman carving of the Black Madonna.
Also, see the 11th-century Benedict Sanctuary of Montserrat and continue to the audiovisual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat, if that interests you. One of the things to do here is to taste the traditional liquor of Montserrat, handmade by the monks. You can take a 15-minute Cogwheel train ride of Cogwheel to the middle of the Monastery for panoramic views. With some luck, you can catch the live performance of one of the oldest boys' choirs in Europe at the Escolania of Montserrat.
- Enjoy the lovely town and riverside of Girona
- Take a Cogwheel train to the monastery
- Taste traditional liquor of Montserrat
- Full day guided tour to Girona and Montserrat
- See the Black Madonna at Montserrat
- Cog-wheel train one way ride in Montserrat
- Tour operated in both Spanish and English
- Local guide
- Taste of 4 typical liquors of the area
- Transportation on an air conditioned coach
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Admission to Girona’s Cathedral
Know Before You Book
- Infant (0-5) Not allowed in towers
- Queues to see the Black Madonna may occur depending on season
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. No flip flops permitted
- Please exchange your voucher (printed/digital) at the meeting point
- Please note this activity includes walking long distances. Wear appropriate attire
- A dress code is required to enter the Basilica in Montserrat
No options available on this date.