Product Code : PCIH-C
Printed Voucher Required
You will travel by bus from Cusco to Piskacucho, stopping for breakfast stop in Ollantaytambo. Today you will cross the Vilcanota River and embark on an easy trek of 12 km, enjoying the panorama an Incan sites like Huillca Raccay, Llactapata (Patallacta), the Urubamba mountain ranges, Andes and the snow-capped peak of 'W'akay Willca (Veronica). The first campsite of Ayapata is located an hour and a half away from Wayllabamba village.
You will walk 16 km, over 2 passes. First, there will be a steep climb to the highest pass called Abra de Warmiwañusqa (Dead Woman's Pass). Take a break and carry on to the lunch stop in Pacaymayu, spotting hummingbirds and other bird species on the way. You will also see many native plants and trees like 'Polylepis' or Q'ueunta trees which are a natural feature of the cloud forest at this altitude. Following lunch, you can look forward to the second climb of the day to Runkuraqay Pass, which is at a height of 4000 meters.
You will climb to the archaeological site of Phuyupatamarca, which is the third-highest point on the trek. Enjoy the scenic views of the mountains and canyons and reach the Incan site of ‘Phuyupatamarca, before carrying on through the cloud forest to the Incan site of ‘Intipata’ and reach the third campsite Wiñay Wayna.
Day will starts with sunrise at 'Inti Punku' ('Sun gate’), where you can expect to have the first views of Machu Picchu. Finally, you will explore the landmark site of Machu Picchu, which is one of the top things to do in Peru.
- Explore Machu Picchu
- See Huillca Raccay and Llactapata Patallacta
- Walk through cloud forest in Peru
- Trek to Abra de Warmiwañusqa and Runkuraqay Pass
- View of Inti Punku' Sun gate
- Dining tent with tables and chairs.
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Entrance fee to Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Bus trip from Machu Picchu down to Aguas Calientes
- Transportation bus to kilometer 82 and train back
- Walking sticks
- Travel insurance
Know Before You Book
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
- Please contact us 72hrs prior to the departure for pick up confirmation
No options available on this date.