Product Code : PCHK-C
Printed Voucher Required
Take a 3-hour drive from Cusco through wild deserts and snowcapped peaks and stop for breakfast before starting the Rainbow Mountain guided tour from Chillca. Look forward to a 4-hour long uphill hike with a spectacular panorama of the Andes and the famous red mountains with grazing llamas and alpacas in the valley. You will be able to spot the Andean camel, vicuña here.
At the summit, you will be hooked to the sight of the marble-like layers of gold, purple, red and blue of the Mountain of Seven Colors, Rainbow Mountain and beautiful vistas of Apu Ausangate. During the Rainbow Mountain tour, you can expect to enjoy hot beverages while learning about the geological marvel which created this natural wonder of Peru. Later, you will hike downhill for 2-hours and have a fresh hot lunch.
There will be an opportunity to visit local houses to learn about the culture and lifestyle of natives who practice the ancient traditions of the Incas and speak Quechua. One of the things to do in Peru’s Rainbow Mountain is to learn about textile weaving and interact with the Andean community. The day ends with a return to Chillca village and then to Cusco.
- Full day hiking tour of Rainbow Mountain
- Know about the geology of Rainbow Mountain
- Interact with Andean community
- Spot grazing llamas and alpacas
- Learn about Peruvian textile weaving
- English speaking Tour guide for the entire trip
- Private transportation to the trailhead
- Entrance fee into Rainbow Mountain
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Breakfast at the trailhead
Know Before You Book
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
- Please contact us 72hrs prior to the departure for pick up confirmation
No options available on this date.