Product Code : WPDS-C
Wat Prathat Doi Suthep is the most important and famous temple in Chiang Mai. The tour begins with a drive 3,500 feet above sea level to the sacred temple of Doi Suthep. You then ascend 306 steps to the temple gateway which is guarded by two splendid Nagas (serpents). Walk around the grounds of Doi Suthep past golden pillars, six-foot gongs, and rows of bells. A five-tiered parasols made of gold sits on display in the inner courtyard. Wat Prathat Doi Suthep was built in 1383 and contains the holy relic of Lord Buddha which is enshrined in a magnificent golden pagoda seen from miles away.
A must-see attraction in Chiang Mai, Doi Suthep is one of the most famous and beautiful temples in Chiang Mai. Established in 1383 by King Keu Naone to enshrine a piece of bone, said to be from the shoulder of the historical Buddha. 306 Steps from the base of the temple flanked by mosaic naga (serpents) lead up to this mesmerizing temple, which many enthusiastic devotees and pilgrims willingly climb up. Located on a mountain. The temple is part of Doi Suthep National Park, a richly forested area supporting some 330 species of birds. On the northwest corner of the terrace is a statue of the legendary elephant who chose the site of the temple by carrying the Buddha relic to the current location of the temple.
The famous five-tiered umbrella situated at the inner terrace marks the city's independence from Burma and its union with Thailand. Tour Itinerary: Pick up at approximately 08:00 AM - 08:30 AM from centrally located hotels in Chiang Mai Drive up to Doi Suthep mountain to the base of the temple You can either climb the 306 steps of the Naga Serpent Staircase to reach the temple's gates or enjoy a scenic cable car ride up to the top Explore this glorious temple grounds leisurely At approximately 12:00 PM drop back to the hotel.
- Extravagant collection of stupas and shrines in the temple
- Magnificent golden pagoda, which houses a Buddha relic
- Historic Wat Phra That Doi Suthep, dating back to 1383
- Tour guide and hotel transportation facility
- Gorgeous views of Chiang Mai from Doi Suthep's summit
- Immaculate details and murals that illustrate Thai culture
- Return transfers on shared basis from your centrally located hotel in Chiang Mai
- Admission fees to the temple
- English speaking Guide
- Personal expenditure
- 35THB Per/ Person fuel Cost
Know Before You Book
- You can either climb the 306 steps of the Naga Serpent Staircase to reach the temple's gates
- Drive up Doi Suthep mountain to the base of the temple.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
- Please contact us 72hrs prior to the departure for pick up confirmation
No options available on this date.