Product Code : CH4T-C
On this tour, you'll visit the 4 glorious temples constructed during the Lanna period. Each temple reflects the glory, splendors and nobility of a rich historical era. Later, drive around the old city to see the moat surrounding the Wat Chiang Man and the ruins of the city gates. Then visit the largest central market, Worarot Market, alive with its daily hustle and bustle. You can shop for exotic fresh fruits, preserved food, local delicacies, clothes galore, flowers and other nick-knacks, all at reasonable prices This half-day Chiang Mai temple tour explores the most famous and picturesque of the city's 36 Buddhist Wats, the perfect introduction to Northern Thailand's cultural and religious capital.
Experience Chiang Mai's most visually stunning Buddhist temples, including the gorgeous 600-year-old Wat Phrathat Doi Sutep atop the 5,300-foot (1,615 meter) Doi Suthep Peak, plus plenty of great photo-ops. The tour includes the services of a friendly, knowledgeable guide, entrance fees, air-conditioned transport and hotel pick-up and drop-off from central Chiang Mai. The Chiang Mai temple tour is the perfect chance to sample the most famous and beautiful of the city's 36 Buddhist temples (Wats), both inside the city walls and in the nearby countryside.
Start your Chiang Mai temple tour with a pick-up from your hotel in the city about 30 minutes to an hour before the start of the tour. From there you'll visit Wat Chedi, an ancient structure in Central Chiang Mai first constructed in 1411. The temple once rose over 278 feet (84 meters) above the city before it was partially destroyed by an earthquake in 1545. A glance inside the temple to observe statues of guardian spirits that some say protect the temple to this day. The tour will also ascend the rolling hills surrounding the Chiang Mai to experience the immaculate Wat Phrathat Doi Sutep, perched high above the urban center near the summit of the peak of Doi Suthep.
The final staircase leading to the site is adorned with the impressive body of the mythical dragon-headed serpent, or Naga, snaking its way down 306 steps. Over the course of the tour, gain first-hand insight into the habits of the temples' Buddhist monks as they go about their daily routines, plus plenty of opportunities to photograph the historic environs of Chiang Mai and the majestic views from the foothills surrounding the city.
- Amazing views of Chiang Mai from the summit of Doi Suthep
- Includes pickup and drop off from your hotel in Chiang Mai
- Visit the impressive temples of Chiang Mai including the 600-year old Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep.
- Plenty of photo opportunities for the photography enthusiasts
- Informative and friendly guide at your helpdesk
- Round-trip transfers on shared basis from centrally located hotels in Chiang Mai
- visit 4 glorious temples of Lanna period
- 35THB Per/ Person fuel Cost
Know Before You Book
- Please contact us 72hrs prior to the departure for pick up confirmation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
- Please Wear Appropriate clothes
No options available on this date.