Product Code : EDFU02
When you sign up for a private tour of Islamic Cairo at night, you are promised a touch of authentic Egyptian culture. The special attraction that you can look forward to during this tour in Egypt is the Sufi dance show. The evening will begin with a hotel pickup, after which you will be escorted to the venue of the evening, the Wekalet El Ghoury Arts Center. The show will start with performances of Folkloric music by local Egyptian musicians. You will also witness the Tanoura Dance show performed by ‘El Tanoura Troupe for the Cultural Heritage’.
Towards the end of the evening, you can expect to see the famous Whirling Dervish Sufi ceremony, which is listed on the UNESCO Heritage of Humanity. The ceremony will help you understand Sufism’s central tenets of acceptance and tolerance, self-control and the mystical union with God. When the show ends, you will be taken to El Moez Street, which has 34 restored monuments reflecting the essence of Islamic Cairo.
One of the things to do in Islamic Cairo at night is to see the Al-Hakim Bi Amr Allah Mosque, featuring two earliest surviving ones Minarets in Cairo. Another fascinating thing to do in Egypt is to explore the historical cafés and local markets of the neighbourhood, which showcase the rich and glorious past of Egypt.
- See the Whirling Dervish Sufi ceremony
- Walk through the attractions of El-Moez Street
- Explore Islamic Cairo by night
- Watch the Tannoura show performance
- Witness Egyptian folkloric dance
- Entry ticket to Islamic Cairo
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioner car
- Professional tour guide
- Food and drinks
Know Before You Book
- Children 6-17 must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private activity, only your group will participate
Know Before You Go
- Please be ready in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your pick up time
- Please call us 72 hours prior to your tour to confirm your pick up
Night-show suffi dance private tour in islamic cairo
Duration : 03:00
This option is Cancellable. Click here to view cancellation policy.