Product Code : BEPBH-C
People say that the real culture of Beijing is the culture of the Hutong and Courtyards, follow an excellent local guide, visit the most distinctive ones like Nanluoguxiang Hutong and Yandai Byway attracting thousands of tourists from home and abroad, walk along the crisscrossing lanes, you will definitely immerse in the peaceful atmosphere.
This half day Beijing Hutong tour starts at 8:00 am or 13:00 pm, around 4 hours will be needed, please indicate your preferred starting time while make the booking, your local guide will pick you up from your Beijing downtown hotel at appointed time. You will firstly visit the 800-meter long south-north Nanluoguxiang Hutong (South Gong and Drum Lane), which is lined with numerous trendy bars, yummy restaurants, unique hostels, lively themed stores and iterant vendors. Then take a Hutong Rickshaw to an old courtyard where you will have a local family visit. With the help of a professional local guide, you will have a detailed explanation of the old courtyard (Siheyuan), like history, layout, Fengshui and traditional Chinese culture.
Continue to visit the 67-meter high and two-story Drum Tower and have bird's eye view of the surrounding communities of hutongs and courtyard, walk along the 800-year-old hutong of Yandai Byway (Skewed Tobacco Pouch Street), pass through the Yinding Bridge - narrow channel joining Qianhai Lake and the Houhai Lake, wander along Qianhai Lake circled by the former palaces of ministers, temples and well-kept courtyards, feel Beijing's traditional architecture, long history and Chinese culture. The half day trip ends at Hehua Market Decorated Archway, the tour guide will transfer you back to the hotel or you may remain in Houhai Bar Area for more happy time on your own.
- Private tour is operated with just your party
- Visit the most distinctive Hutong and Courtyard in Beijing
- Informative, friendly and professional tour guide
- Immerse yourself in real culture and local lifestyle of Beijing
- Bottled Water
- Entrance fee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by private vehicle
- English-speaking tour guide
- Fuel surcharge and tax
Know Before You Book
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as moderate amount of walking is involved
- Children below 2 years of age are free of charge
- Please contact us 72hrs prior to the departure for pick up confirmation.
Know Before You Go
- The duration of transfer is approximate and will depend on the traffic condition
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Half-Day Private Tour of Beijing Hutong Highlights
Duration : 04:00
Live Commentary Language
This option is Cancellable. Click here to view cancellation policy.