Product Code : PRODUCT5581
After a 90-120 minutes’ drive from Amsterdam your first destination will be Nuenen Delve into the life and work of Vincent van Gogh and visit a range of locations in Nuenen that inspired the artist, including the reformed church featured in his painting.
This excursion will give you an insight into Vincent’s life in Nuenen, where he lived from December 1883 to November 1885. Vincent was very productive in this village, completing more than 500 paintings and drawings within a period of just two years. One of these was The Potato Eaters, now one of Vincent’s most famous works. During your time in Nuenen you'll have the chance to visit the Vincentre Museum, explore some of the 23 ‘Van Gogh locations’ by bike or on foot and soak up the renowned Brabant hospitality at the numerous shops and cafes.
After exploring Vincent’s homeland, we will return to Amsterdam to visit the Van Gogh Museum. Van Gogh Museum: Renowned masterpieces, quotes from letters and audio fragments all unite to answer your burning questions about the artist. For example, about his numerous self-portraits. About the time he spent in Southern France, where he painted Sunflowers and about why he painted Almond Blossom.
- Visit the green village of Nuenen
- Welcomed by a guide and visit the Vincentre and view a film charting Van Gogh’s years in Nuenen
- Stroll through the open-air museum and explore where and how Vincent and his family lived with the guide from the Vincentre
- Enjoy the Van Gogh Museum
- See the church featured in the recovered painting Congregation Leaving the Reformed Church in Nuenen
- Village walk with a guide along the Van Gogh heritage locations
- Free WIFI aboard
- Live commentary on board
- Bike rental at Vincentre Museum
- Food and drinks
Know Before You Book
- People with walking problems are not advised to take this tour
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps of an adult
Know Before You Go
- Please wear comfortable shoes as moderate amount of walking is involved
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
Footsteps Of Van Gogh Tour Including Van Gogh Museum
Duration : 09:00
Live Commentary Language
Location & Meeting Points
No Review Available
We couldn't find any review for this product.