Product Code : EDFU01
You can conveniently take a day tour to Alexandria from Cairo to explore the second largest city of Egypt, founded by Alexander the Great. This ancient colonial city of the Greeks and Romans has an abundance of historic sites which are worth exploring.
Driving along the city’s 35-km seaside promenade, Cornish, you can admire the view of the Old Harbor, which has 7000 submerged monuments, before crossing the newly constructed Stanley Bridge. The tour will include one of the essential things to do in Alexandria, visiting the catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa, the largest Roman Cemetery dating back to 200 years B.C. You can also expect to see Pompey's Pillar and Egypt’s only known Roman amphitheatre during your private Alexandria tour.
An exciting part of the excursion is the Royal Jewellery Museum, which displays a collection of rare antiques and exquisite jewellery belonging to the royal family. After lunch at a sea-view restaurant, there will be a scheduled stop at the iconic Qaitbay’s Citadel, which stands on the location of former Lighthouse of Alexandria. Look forward to spotting the Bibliotheca Alexandrina on the way to the impressive mosque, Abu Al-Abbas Al-Mursi. Other attractions of the city that you will see are the Unknown Soldier of Alexandria, the statue of Alexander the Great and the oldest stadium in Egypt and Africa.
- Visit the Royal Jewellery Museum
- See the catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
- Explore all attractions of Egypt’s second largest city
- Day tour to Alexandria from Cairo
- Includes visit to Abu Al-Abbas Al-Mursi mosque
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Entrance fees
- Air-conditioner car
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Book
- Children 6-17 must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- Please be ready in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your pick up time
- Please call us 72 hours prior to your tour to confirm your pick up
Alexandria private tour with lunch
Duration : 10:00
Live Commentary Language
This option is Cancellable. Click here to view cancellation policy.