Product Code : TWNRT
Pickup Service Available
Experience firsthand how organic Taiwanese tea is grown and produced at a real operating tea farm in Yilan that still uses traditional tea processing methods passed down by generations. Pick leaves with a local tea farmer at the plantation and learn how they are harvested (without modern machines) and prepared to become tasty cups of Oolong.
Then, experience a rare, hands-on experience learning how to roll and roast tea leaves. After a lunch of traditional Yilan cuisine, head to a quaint pottery house and coffee shop for some therapeutic ceramics painting. There, you will learn the ancient art of decorating blue and white China in a DIY class and will even take home your very own souvenir! Discover the beauty of the small town of Yilan with this slow travel experience.
09:00 am: Pick up from your accommodation
10:30 am: Arrive at the tea farm
11:10 am: Tea farm visit
12:00 pm: Hands-on tea processing experience
01:00 pm: Lunch at traditional Yilan cuisine restaurant
02:15 pm: Arrive at the china/pottery studio
03:30 pm: Ceramic teacup drawing DIY
05:30 pm: Head back to Taipei
- Experience a hands-on experience roasting and rolling tea leaves
- Sample various types of tea like oolong and green tea
- Meet local tea farmers who embody the spirit of Taiwanese tea
- Pick-up and drop-off from and to your accommodation
- Professional guide
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Book
- In the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, tour itinerary may change
Know Before You Go
- Time, exact place and full contact details of driver and guide will be provided 2 days before tour
No options available on this date.