Product Code : PRODUCT3939
To begin this adventure, you will be picked up from your hotel in Cluj-Napoca by your guide and start the journey to Bukovina. On our way to Bucovina, we will make a quick stop in Bistrita, the northernmost fortified Transylvanian town. In a short walking tour through the town, you will enjoy the medieval legends and explore its narrow streets. After the delicious lunch, we will have the chance to visit the most famous painted monastery in the world, Voronet Monastery. The frescoes of the monastery are dominated by intense shades of blue, and the southern wall depicts the best-preserved ”Last Judgement” fresco in Romania. The monastery was built in 1488 by Prince Stephen the Great in order to commemorate one of his victories against the Ottoman Empire. Next, you will visit one of the most famous and biggest museums in Bucovina - The Egg Museum in Moldovita village. The museum consists of painted eggs from all the regions of Romania, but also from other countries and continents. We will check-in in Gura Humorului, a picturesque town surrounded by small hills. Overnight in Gura Humorului.
We will start the day with a short drive to Humor Monastery, a small cross-shaped church built here in 1530, and it was dedicated to the Dormition of Virgin. Red hues dominate the exterior frescoes showing scenes from the lives of saints, as well as significant moments from the locals’ lives, such as the wars with the Turks. Moldovita Monastery is the next stop on our itinerary. The outside frescoes of the church were painted by Toma of Suceava in 1537, and they contain strong nuances of gold and blue. The last judgment covers the entire surface of the western walls, and it includes several other scenes such as the Siege of Constantinople or the Tree of Jesse. The highlight of the day is Transrarau Highway. With a total length of 28 kilometers (17 miles), it is known as the Treasury Road. You will be amazed by its curves and the scenery. It goes up to 1400 meters in altitude, and from there we will have a hike through the Rarau Mountains.
- Visit the Painted Monasteries of Bucovina and discover the local crafts
- Discover Bucovina, a remarkable region filled with traditional houses and locals that seem to be living in another era and art treasures
- View the beautiful Landscapes of Bucovina
- Meet a real-life blacksmith in Ciocanesti Village
- Transportation with a modern vehicle
- Accommodation for 1 night in Voronet
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees for the sights included in the itinerary
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Photography fees
- Entrance fees to monuments or sights not included in the itinerary
- Airline tickets
- Travel insurance
Know Before You Book
- Please contact us 72hrs prior to the departure for pick up confirmation
- Children under the age of 10 are not permitted to join this tour
- Various expenses such as room service beverages, personal calls, souvenirs, etc
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
No options available on this date.