Product Code : PRN38
Start your half-day guided tour with a short drive from Paris to the grandiose Palace of Versailles, while listening to your guide’s narration about the colourful history of the royalty and their famous Chateau. Priority access is guaranteed with your Versailles skip-the-line tickets. In the courtyard, you will see golden gates of one of the most elaborately styled royal residences of the world.
The gates flaunt the sun-emblem of Louis XIV, who was also referred to as the Sun King. Inside the grand palace, you will be escorted through the opulent interiors. This is one of the most popular things to do in Versailles. Your tour guide will provide commentary and share stories as you walk through the State Apartments, the Hall of Mirrors and the Queen's and King's Private Apartment.
While on your Versailles day tour, you will have free time to stroll around the expansive landscaped gardens, where you can marvel at the endless shady tree avenues, many ornamental basins, decorative fountains and marble sculptures.
The Gardens are spread over 800 hectares of land, mostly in the classic French formal garden style. Think of the times when huge parties were held in these gardens, with nobles in their velvet costumes and ladies in their ball gowns. The gardens feature over 200 statues besides beautifully laid out flower beds, and expansive woodland that stretches for miles all around.
If you make a trip to Versailles in the summer season, you may be able to witness the Grandes Eaux Musicales, a show where fountains dance to music. UNESCO has designated the palace and its gardens a World Heritage site.
- Witness the Grandes Eaux Musicales in summer season
- Half-day guided tour of Palace of Versailles from Paris
- Explore the vast Gardens of Versailles
- Take walks in the Versailles woodlands
- See the Royal Apartments and Hall of Mirrors in the Versailles Palace
- Transportation to and from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Individual headsets for added convenience
- Skip-the-line tickets to the Palace of Versailles and its Gardens
- Professional Tour Guide
- Food and beverages
- Hotel transfers
Know Before You Book
- For photography, please click pictures without using flash
- The duration to explore the Palace of Versailles is approx. 2 hours
Know Before You Go
- Children below 3 years of age are free of charge
- Please wear comfortable shoes as there is parquet flooring in the rooms
- Strollers cannot be taken inside the palace
No options available on this date.