Product Code : PRN7
Start your half-day audio-guided tour with a short drive from Paris to the grandiose Palace of Versailles, while listening to narration about the colorful history of the royalty and their famous Chateau. Priority access is guaranteed with your entrance ticket to the palace of Versailles.
At the courtyard, you will see the golden gates of one of the most elaborately styled royal residences of the world. The gates flaunt the sun-emblem of Louis XIV, who was also referred to as the Sun King. With your Palace of Versailles tickets, you can visit the opulent interiors. Your audio guide will provide commentary as you walk through the State Apartments, the Hall of Mirrors and the Queen's and King's Private Apartment.
One of the things to do in Versailles is to stroll around the expansive landscaped gardens, where you can marvel at the endless shady tree avenues, many ornamental basins, decorative fountains and marble sculptures. The Gardens are spread over 800 hectares of land, mostly in the classic French formal garden style. Think of the times when huge parties were held in these gardens, with nobles in their velvet costumes and ladies in their ball gowns. The gardens feature over 200 statues besides beautifully laid out flower beds, and expansive woodland that stretches for miles all around.
If you make a trip to Versailles in the summer season, you may be able to witness the Grandes Eaux Musicales, a show where fountains dance to music. UNESCO has designated the palace and its gardens a World Heritage site. The Palace of Versailles tour is one of the most popular things in Paris.
You can opt to have lunch at the La Petite Venise restaurant, located on the grounds of the Palace.
- Explore the vast Gardens of Versailles
- See the Royal Apartments and Hall of Mirrors in the Versailles Palace
- Half-day audio guided tour of Palace of Versailles from Paris
- Take walks in the Versailles woodlands
- Witness the Grandes Eaux Musicales in summer season
- Ticket for the Palace of Versailles and its gardens (except on certain dates for the gardens)
- Transport to and from Paris by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Palace of Versailles audio guide
- Priority access tour
- Hotel transfers
Know Before You Book
- The duration to explore the Palace of Versailles is approx. 2 hours
- We strongly advise against high-heeled shoes (parquet flooring in the rooms and cobblestones)
- The entrance ticket of the gardens is included every day, the Musical fountains display and musical
- Tuesday mornings are not recommended due to the high number of visitors
Know Before You Go
- Photography without flash is permitted inside the palace
- Strollers are not permitted inside the palace
- Access to the palace is challenging for those with reduced mobility
No options available on this date.