Product Code : VTVE02
Printed Voucher Required
On this guided tour of Secret Itinerary of the Prisons, you will get the chance to visit the 16th prisons of the Venetian Republic, which was one of the earliest jails in Europe. The prisons, built-in 1500, connected the Bridge of Sighs to the imposing Doge’s Palace. You will see a dark side of the romantic city of canals in this unique Piazza San Marco guided tour.
Follow your professional guide into the courtroom and dark cells for an inside look at the lives of the condemned convicts. You will be able to see graffiti on the walls created by the prisoners and listen to legends that the cold cell walls contain. Get behind the scenes to discover the torture chambers and torture weapons.
The tour will include fascinating stories about Casanova’s jailbreak from the maximum-security branch. Know about the judicial system in Venice and how the police used to resolve fights and punish criminals back in those days. If you are looking for offbeat things to do in Venice, you should not miss this tour.
- See the prison cells and torture chambers
- Learn about Venice’s judicial system
- Know about Casanova’s jailbreak
- Tour the secret prisons of Venice
- Offbeat tour of prisons In Piazza San Marco
- Guided tour of secret itinerary of the Prisons
Know Before You Book
- The building which is located in a very central position was planned by the architect Antonio Da Pon
Know Before You Go
- Comfortable shoes suggested
No options available on this date.