Product Code : VNGB
Printed Voucher Required
On this popular tour in Venice, you can explore one of the most famous landmarks of the romantic canal city, the St.Mark’s Basilica, located in the iconic St.Marks Square. Admire the Cathedral’s majestic facade consisting of grand Byzantine domes, a Greek cross layout and walls draped in marble imported from Syria, Egypt and Palestine. Notice the five niched portals which glitter with mosaics and fine stonework.
During the Golden Basilica tour, you will join your professional guide to tour one of the most magnificent cathedrals of the world, The Golden Basilica, Venice, which is the most important religious monument in the city of Venice. One of the favorite things to do in Venice is to see over 8000 square meters of exquisite Byzantine art, gold mosaics and marble inlay work, as depicted in the biblical scenes of this Basilica.
You will learn about the history and architectural elements of the basilica. Some of the attractions inside include The Pala D'oro studded with gems and precious stones and the Treasury, which displays gorgeous samples of religious art.
- Study fine examples of Byzantine art
- Learn about the history of Golden Basilica
- Tour of the interiors of Golden Basilica
- See the beautiful interiors of the Basilica
- Explore the Golden Basilica of Venice
- Professional Guide
- Audio headsets
- Entrance Tickets
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and Drinks
Know Before You Book
- Please wear comfortable shoes as moderate amount of walking is involved
- Children below the age of 5 are free
Know Before You Go
- This tour is not wheelchair -accessible
No options available on this date.