Product Code : IKTS-C
For the more adventurous, this tour, which is active but not too physically demanding, combines an unforgettable kayaking trip through an unspoilt mangrove forest on the Nishida River, with a trek to the beautiful Sangara Waterfall. The trip commences with a ferry ride to Uehara port (to Ohara port from November to March) on Iriomote, where you will be met by our guide. You will then be transported to the nearby kayaking centre on the Nishida River. There you will be given instructions and appropriate waterproof gear for kayaking.
We then take a gentle kayaking adventure for approximately half an hour along the river, which is lined with mangrove trees and the wildlife which inhabits the forest. We alight at the base station and then have a gentle trek through the forest to the magnificent Sangara Falls. There, if you want, you can walk behind the waterfall, relax and enjoy a leisurely picnic lunch at its base or on top, before the 30-minute walk back through Iriomote's unspoilt forest to our kayaking base camp. We then kayak back to the kayaking centre, where there is time for a shower in the shower and changing facilities.
Please bring a swimsuit or clothes you do not mind getting wet, a towel and a change of clothes. An active and enjoyable trip to appreciate unspoilt nature.
- Trek through the forest to the enchanting Sangara falls
- English speaking guide at Iriomote Island for support
- Enjoy Kayaking at your pace through the mangrove forest on the bank of the Nishida river
- Join us on a half day tour of Iriomote kayaking and Sangara falls trekking adventure
- Spend a memorable time at the waterfall and have a picnic lunch during your free time
- Round trip ferry service from Ishigaki to Iriomote Uehara Port (or Ohara Port - November to March)
- Basic-English-speaking guide on Iriomote Island
- Return ferry tickets
- Rental kayak gear (life jacket, kayak and paddle)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Know Before You Book
- We do not offer pickup, we meet all travelers at the departing point
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your voucher (printed/digital) at the meeting point
Iriomote Kayaking and Sangara Falls Trekking
Duration : 08:00
Live Commentary Language
This option is non Cancellable.