Product Code : JSIY-C
This tour takes in some of the unspoilt wonders of the two islands, Iriomote and Yubu. Iriomote is hilly and densely forested, with vast stretches of mangroves. After a ferry ride from Ishigaki Ferry Terminal to Ohara port on Iriomote, we take an exotic cruise further inland on the Nakama River through the beautiful jungle and unspoilt mangrove plantations, within the Nakama River zone (a protected area).
The biggest sakishima-suou tree in Japan (the looking glass mangrove) is located on the Nakama River. Depending on the tides, it is sometimes possible to stop and get off the boat for a short while so you can admire this remarkable tree and the surrounding forest. There are seven varieties of mangrove trees on the island, these slow growing plants are fascinating in that they can survive and thrive in a salt water environment. They manage to shed salt through their leaves, which turn yellow and fall.
The island is traversed by rivers and waterfalls. Animals, birds, reptiles, butterflies and fireflies are found in abundance on the island, in the surrounding sea and the rivers. Having completed our river cruise we transfer to Mihara. A short distance away lies Yubu Island. The entire island comprises a sub-tropical garden, containing over 100 types of trees, a butterfly garden and a shell house. The trees which can be admired include the 10 varieties of local palm trees, many fruit trees and many flowering plants, including 30 varieties of hibiscus.
Access to the island is by way of a carriage drawn by water buffalo, which gently wade through the shallow water to the island. On Yubu we will have time to have lunch, relax and explore the island and its gardens, before returning to the ferry to return to Ishigaki. A truly memorable day.
- Admire the surrounding view of the island while you cruise on the Nakama river
- In the afternoon, have a fresh lunch at Yubu island
- Travel to the Yubu Island on a carriage drawn by water buffalo
- Explore the beautiful Japanese island of Iriomote and Yubu on a short day tour
- Relaxing bus trip to Mihara
- Look-out for biggest sakishima-suou tree (the looking glass mangrove) on the Nakama river
- Round trip ferry transfer service from Ishigaki Ferry Terminal
- Bus tour
- Round-trip ferry ticket
- Water buffalo cart ride
- River cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English-speaking guide/tour-conductor
- Lunch for infants (age 0 to 5)
Know Before You Book
- An infant between 0 and 5 can join free of charge per adult
- We do not offer pickup, we meet all travelers at the departing point
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your voucher (printed/digital) at the meeting point
Tour of Iriomote and Yubu Island
Duration : 07:15
This option is Cancellable. Click here to view cancellation policy.