Product Code : TWNHN
Pickup Service Available
Combining the best of Taiwan's ancient historical treasures and its splendid natural beauty, our three day Mid Island History and Nature Tour tour brings you from one of Taiwan's most popular spots for temple hopping into its most scenic mountain regions. Along the way you'll explore traditional art and culture, eat a plethora of delicious Taiwanese dishes, drink some of the world's finest tea, forest-bathe amid ancient trees, and witness both an unforgettable sunrise and sunset from a mountain peak. There will also be plenty of opportunities to explore, both in the winding lanes and alleys of Ancient Lugang and in the high-altitude forests of Alishan. We'll also stop in Taichung to explore the city's art scene before returning to Taipei. Please note: This tour requires a moderate bit of walking, so comfortable shoes are recommended.
Day 1: Taipei, Lugang, Chiayi History is the focus of day one. After picking you up, we'll head to Lugang, a colorful, history-drenched town on the west coast boasting over 200 temples. We'll visit the Longshan and Tienhou temples, two of Taiwan's most important religious sites. Afterward, we'll wander the winding, art-filled alleys and lanes of Lugang, getting involved in the local arts and crafts scene and sampling various dishes for which the area is famous. In the evening we'll head to Chiayi for some RR in a 4-star hotel.
Day 2: Chiayi, Yuantan Ecological Park, Alishan On day two the focus turns to central Taiwan's astounding natural beauty as we head into the mountains, stopping at a tea farm or two to sample the wares before heading to the Yuantan Ecological Park, known for its natural landscapes, flora, and fauna. After visiting the park, we'll climb deeper and higher still, reaching the heart of the Alishan Scenic area in time to relax before watching an absolutely epic sunset in the mountains.
Day 3: We’ll want to rise early on day three to take the Alishan Forest Railway to the peak, for it's here where we’ll witness the famed sea of clouds as they roll through the valleys below in the hour after sunrise. After witnessing this magnificent spectacle, we’ll have some time to hike among ancient cypress trees and breath in the cool mountain air. On the way back to Taipei, we’ll stop in Taichung for a bit of art, culture in Taiwan’s central city.
- Explore the winding lanes of the historical town of Lugang
- Visit two of Taiwan's most significant temples
- Sample some of the world's best tea at the source
- Wander among ancient cypress trees in the high altitude forest of Alishan
- Witness the sunrise over Alishan's famous sea of cloudsrdquo
- 2 nights stay at local 3-star/4-star hotels
- Admission tickets to all venues on itinerary
- Professional guide
- Travel insurance
- All transportation expenses including 5-seater sedan or 8-seater van and driver
- Lunch and dinner
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Book
- Traveler must need to verify their legitimate passport on travel day
- In the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, tour itinerary may change
Know Before You Go
- Time, exact place and full contact details of driver and guide will be provided 2 days before tour
Taiwan history and nature 3 Days private tour (Classic)
Multi Day: 3 Days
Start Time : 09:00
Live Commentary Language
This option is Cancellable. Click here to view cancellation policy.