Product Code : MALSW-C
Pickup Service Available
Travellers who are interested in learning about the history can book this unique day tour in Malta, which centres around the British legacy on the island. Your professional guide will take you around the main sights linked to British history in Malta and help you understand the role of the country during World War II.
Start your Malta tour of war history at Vittoriosa, at the old fortifications which date back to the time of the Knights Hospitaller and were used by the British during the Second World War. Follow your guide into the underground air raid shelters and get to know trivia on the Second Great Siege of Malta. From Vittoriosa, the tour continues by bus to Valetta. This is the site of the Barraka Garden which overlooks the Grand Harbour, the largest natural harbour in the entire Mediterranean Sea. This key British military base was one of the reasons why Malta was attacked during the war.
Leave the harbour to view other landmarks like the Napoleon Bonaparte’s Palace, the War Victory Kitchen and Royal Opera House, and listen to the commentary of your guide all along, there will be a scheduled break for lunch, before exploring the Malta War Museum at Fort St. Elmo. The Malta War Museum Ticket is a great place to see war exhibits like the E-Boat, a type of human torpedo and the fuselage of a Gloster Gladiator.
- Go to the Grand Harbour at Valetta
- Full day tour of British history in Malta
- See the Vittoriosa fortifications
- Explore the underground Air Raid shelters
- View interesting exhibits at the Malta War Museum
- Full Day Tour to Vittoriosa & Vallettaa
- Entrance ticket to Air raid shelters
- Entrance ticket to Malta War Museum
- Pick up and drop off close to the hotel
- Personal expenses
- Food and drinks
Know Before You Book
- Please contact us 72hrs prior to the departure for pick up confirmation
- Children under 5 years of age are free of charge
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- Please wear comfortable shoes as moderate amount of walking is involved
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
No options available on this date.