Product Code : PRODUCT3946
You will depart early from Bucharest, leaving “Little Paris” behind. Bucharest received this nickname between 1900 and 1930 when it was considered one of the most beautiful and modern cities of Europe. You will head north, where You will visit one of the most stunning castles in Romania. Your first stop is in Sinaia, where you will visit Peles Castle, built between 1873 and 1914. Initially the residence of the Romanian Royal Family, Peles Castle is today home to the Peles National Museum. This is one of the most important historic constructions in Romania, being unique through its historic and artistic value, and it is one of the most important monuments of its kind in 19th century Europe.
You will discover the legends of Dracula with a tour of Bran Castle. Although there is no known connection between the castle and the infamous Vlad the Impaler, Bran Castle is oftentimes associated with him. The “Castle of Dracula” was initially built as a fortress by the Teutonic Knights in 1212. Known under the name of Dietrichstein, it was conquered by Saxons at the end of the 18th century in order to protect the city of Brasov, which was at the time an important commercial center. After lunch, we will visit the historic center of Brasov. The main symbol of the city, The Black Church, is only a few minutes away from Council Square. This is the patriarchal church of the Romanian Evangelical Church, and it is one of the most representative monuments of Gothic architecture in the country. The church was partially destroyed by a fire in 1689, hence its name. In the evening we will reach Sighisoara. Overnight in Sighisoara.
After breakfast, you will go and discover Sighisoara, the only medieval citadel in Romania that is still inhabited. In Sighisoara you will visit the famous Clock Tower, which has a height of 64 meters and is surrounded by four massive walls, spreads over 4 floors. From the balcony of the tower, you can enjoy an amazing birds-eye view over Sighisoara. You will then reach Sibiu, one of the most important and well-preserved Transylvanian cities.
- Explore the Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Cathedral
- Explore the Peles National Museum
- Visit the Peles Castle
- Visit the Bran Castle
- Entrance fees
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Private transport with a modern and well-equipped car, mini-bus or coach
- Accommodation for 1 night with Breakfast in a centrally located hotel
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Alcoholic beverages
- Airplane tickets
- Photography Fees
- Various expenses such as room service, beverages, personal calls, souvenirs etc.
Know Before You Book
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please contact us 72hrs prior to the departure for pick up confirmation
- Moderate walking is involved so please wear comfortable shoes
- Children under the age of 10 are not permitted to join this tour
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
No options available on this date.