Product Code : SISV
Head out on a day tour from Siena to explore the lovely Tuscan towns of San Gimignano and Volterra. Your first stop of the day will be San Gimignano. Enroute you will be able to see the Monteriggioni fortress and explore its medieval 13th-century structure, which houses a lovely village.
Next up is the San Gimignano, which is a designated UNESCO world heritage site, known for hundreds of multi-storied tower houses, earning it a unique nickname, Manhattan of the Middle Ages. The best thing to do here is to stroll around the historic center, admire the architecture and see the leather and pottery workshops. After this, the small group tour will continue to a small family-owned farm for a traditional lunch of Tuscan specialties.
You can expect to enjoy fresh and seasonal farm produce and saffron-infused dishes with the local Vernaccia white wine. After lunch, your next destination will be Volterra. On the way, there will be a scheduled stop at an artisanal alabaster workshop to see how sculptures are created.
Finally, you will arrive at Volterra, where you will have free time to discover the Roman, medieval, Etruscan, and Renaissance architecture and landmarks at your own pace. The San Gimignano and Volterra tour will end here and you will return to Siena.
- See Monteriggioni and its medieval fortress
- Witness Volterra alabaster sculpture creation
- Includes traditional Tuscan lunch and Vernaccia wine
- Full-day tour to San Gimignano and Volterra from Siena
- Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of San Gimignano
- Lunch at an organic family-run farm
- Saffron and Vernaccia wine tasting
- Free time in San Gimignano and Volterra
- Visit to alabaster workshop
- Transportation by minibus
- Professional driver/tour leader
- Hotel transfers
Know Before You Book
- Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance
Know Before You Go
- Children upto 3 years are free of charge
- Comfortable shoes suggested
Full day tour of San Gimignano and Volterra from Siena
Duration : 08:00
Live Commentary Language
This option is Cancellable. Click here to view cancellation policy.