Product Code : NOPBC-C
A fabulous Plantation Country Brunch spread awaits you at Oak Alley. Among the dishes on offer are Crawfish Etouffee, Chicken Smoked Sausage Gumbo, Oeuf du Jour (egg dish of the day), Cajun Smoked Sausage Links, fresh fruit and yogurt. Later, you will tour the Big House and grounds of the most photographed plantation, which has been the movie location for Interview with a Vampire,
Primary Colors, and the wedding of Bo and Hope from the daytime soap opera, Days of our Lives. After this, embark on the best history tour in the U.S. at Laura Plantation. On this guided tour, expect insights based on the French National Archives and Laura's Memories of the Old Plantation Home, where she describes true-life stories of the Creole women, slaves and children who lived and worked here.
Laura Plantation has been listed among the top 25 most popular house museums in the U.S. by the American Academy of Architecture and Design. Your day tour from New Orleans continues past Whitney, Evergreen, Felicity St. Joseph Plantations and the Mississippi River, from where sugar cane, cotton and indigo were traded. You will take a short ride to the Manchac Swamp and sail through a private wildlife refuge, home to the legend of Rougarou, the Cajun werewolf.
You may encounter some alligators here. On the way back, there will be a scenic view of Lake Pontchartrain while crossing the Bonnet Carre' Spillway.
- Guided tours of Laura Plantations and Oak Alley Plantations
- Full-Day tour through Plantation and Cajun areas
- Scenic view of Lake Pontchartrain
- Ride to the Manchac Swamp
- Traditional lunch at Oak Alley Plantation
- Guided tours of two plantation homes, swamp tour and narrated motorcoach transportation
- Brunch at Oak Alley Plantation
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know Before You Book
- Due to the plantation homes' historic nature, access to the second floor is by stairs only
- No video is allowed inside the plantation homes
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your voucher (printed/digital) at the meeting point
Plantation Combo Tour
Operating Hours: 08:30 Hours
This option is non Cancellable.