Product Code : SIHM-C
Fans of the outdoors can embark on an active hiking trip while in Tuscany. Accompanied by a professional guide, you can sign up for a guided tour from Siena, which traces a 9th-century historic pilgrim route of the Via Francigena towards Rome. On this hiking tour to Monteriggioni from Siena, you will have the chance to experience Tuscany's medieval history, which is preserved in its many hamlets, fortresses and rural countryside.
This is a unique way to interact with the Tuscan landscape and learn about the deep connection of the regional culture with lush farmlands, low forests, sprawling wine estates and olive groves. You will see the 13th-century Monteriggioni fortress on a hilltop, which encloses a small village and know more about its legacy. At Monteriggioni, there will be an opportunity for some local wine-tasting.
You will be free to explore the town according to your own convenience. You will feel like you have journeyed back in time, as you admire the landmarks of military, religious and artistic value. The small group tour includes a train ticket back to Siena. Trains leave every hour and you can return by any train that suits you best.
- Walk on the historic pilgrim route of the Via Francigena
- Explore the medieval town of Monteriggioni
- Hiking tour to Monteriggioni from Siena
- Local wine tasting at Monteriggioni
- Learn about Tuscany's medieval history
- Return train ticket to Siena
- Transport to the starting point of the hike
- Monteriggioni hike along the Via Francigena until Siena
- Expert English speaking guide
- Map with train times and directions to train station
- Wine tasting
Know Before You Book
- This tour is recommended for those who are physically strong and walked for long distance
- The tour is subject to weather that is suitable for hiking
Know Before You Go
- We strongly suggest that you wear clothes and shoes that are comfortable and practical
No options available on this date.