Product Code : MALPT-C
Pickup Service Available
There is a treat in store for fans of history and archaeology while visiting the Mediterranean Island of Malta. You can sign up for a Prehistoric Temples Tour in Malta and see seven megalithic temples, designated as UNESCO World Heritage sites. Interestingly, these prehistoric temples are 5500 years, which makes them older than the more famous sites of Stonehenge and the Pyramids.
The first stop on the Malta temples tour is Ghar Dalam, translate as Cave of Darkness. This is the oldest cave in Malta and is believed to have housed the earliest humans in the area.
Then the next stop will be Hagar Qim, built-in 4 BC, which features huge megaliths including one weighing roughly 20 tonnes.
Finally, you will visit Mnajdra, where you can see three Neolith temples from 3000 BC. Mnajdra is even depicted on the Maltese 2 Euro coins.
Discovering the prehistoric past of the country is one of the most interesting things to do in Malta. You will have the opportunity to learn about the humans who lived on these islands 5000-6000 years back and know more about their burial rituals, religious beliefs and lifestyle. Did you know that you would find some of the oldest temples in history in Malta?
- Visit the Ghar Dalam caves
- Discover the megaliths of Hagar Qim
- See the Mnajdra Temples
- Explore the UNESCO-Heritage sites of Malta
- Entrance ticket to Mnajdra Temple
- Entrance ticket to Hagar Qim Temple
- Pick up and drop off close to your hotel
- Entrance ticket to Ghar Dalam
- Transportation & Guide
- Meals & Personal Expenses
Know Before You Book
- Children under 4 years of age are free of charge
- Please contact us 72 hours prior to the departure for pick up confirmation
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
No options available on this date.