Product Code : PRODUCT5221
Tales of wine-making tradition and authentic local customs all wrapped into this charming tour slightly off the beaten track.
A unique experience around eastern Slovenia with Ptuj, former Roman settlement and the oldest Slovenian town, Maribor, the center of the region and the second largest city, together with wine tasting of the local brands in delightful local wineries. An adventure full of history, culture and local delights.
A unique opportunity to visit this wonderful part of Slovenia, east of the capital and home to warm-hearted people and beautiful wine roads. From Ljubljana to Ptuj, once a Roman settlement and Slovenia’s oldest town with a rich history and many landmarks to prove it. Some time to explore the city with major historical and cultural attractions followed by wine tasting (optional).
Our next stop is Maribor, the lively center of the Slovenian Styria region and proud owner of the world’s oldest vine. After the guided city tour, there will be some free time for lunch in one of the local taverns. For the wine enthusiasts another opportunity for wine tasting to get fully acquainted with the century-long wine culture of the whole eastern region. Arrival back to Ljubljana in evening hours.
- Discover Maribor - the second largest city in Slovenia nestled among vineyard hills
- Taste wine at the world's oldest vine (Optional)
- Taste various sorts of wine form the Styria region (Optional)
- Get back in time into the old Roman days at the oldest Slovenian town Ptuj
- Professional English speaking guide
- Comfortable transportation
- Entrance fees for Ptuj Castle
- Cost for Wine tasting
- Meals and personal expenses
Know Before You Book
- There is a moderate amount of walking on the tour including some stairs
Know Before You Go
- We suggest wearing comfortable shoes and clothing
Tale Of Maribor & Ptuj & Wine
Operating Hours: 10:00 Hours
Live Commentary Language
This option is Cancellable. Click here to view cancellation policy.