Product Code : LVBLV-C
The first stop of the day during your trip to the Loire Valley the Azay le Rideau Castle. The fortress-like castle is a fine example of Renaissance architecture, poised alone on an island of the Indre River. Spend time absorbing details of its interiors as well as the English-style garden, which is one of the leading landmarks of the Touraine region.
Your tour includes lunch at a family estate, where you will be served local produce and Bourgueil or Chinon wines. Next on the agenda is a stop at the Rivau Gardens and Chateau. Here, you will get a chance to see the glorious architecture, expansive gardens and great artwork.
The chateau is designed to resemble a 15th-century fortress and features sprawling gardens. The entire complex is spread over 14 acres. One of the best things to do in this Loire valley tour is to enjoy relaxing walks here and admire the variety of flora and fauna. The final destination of the guided tour is the gardens of Touraine, Villandry.
The most significant attractions here are the Love Garden, Kitchen Garden, Aromatic and Medicine Plant Garden, Water Garden and Sun Garden. Discover exotic herbs like thyme and basil and understand their therapeutic qualities along with your professional guide. After a pleasant stroll in these medieval and Renaissance gardens, the day ends at Amboise.
- Includes lunch in a chateau with wine-tasting
- Tour of grand gardens and chateaux of Loire Valley
- Discover the Rivau Gardens and Chateau
- See the Villandry gardens at Touraine
- Explore the Azay-le-Rideau Castle
- Lunch at a winery
- Wine tasting Experience at a cellar cave
- Transportation in a comfortable air-conditioned minivan
- English speaking escort guide
- Entrance tickets and Guided tour of the castle of Azay le Rideau, Langeais, Gardens of Villandry
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Know Before You Book
- This tour is escorted by an official Guide Interpreter. The guide gives you a tour of the monuments
- No payments will be refunded on cancellation
- The transportation of this excursion is operated in a comfortable full options minibus
- Maximum 8 passengers per minibus
- The tour includes the tickets to the Chateaux mentioned in the tour
Know Before You Go
- Hotel pick-up in Tours or Amboise area for a 15€ supplement per person
- Traditional wine maker lunch and drinks are included in the tour. Lunches are hosted by winemakers
- Children under 3 years are free of charge
No options available on this date.