Product Code : TAT-010
Turkey’s most famous ancient and best-preserved city makes an ideal destination for those who are interested in history and archeology. On your Ephesus day tour, you will start with a hotel pick-up and accompany your professional guide back in time to almost 9000 years.
The first place you will visit here is The House of Virgin Mary, situated 6 km from the ruins of Ephesus. The spot is known for a small church dating back to the 6th-century, built over the foundations of a 1st-century house, believed to have been inhabited by the Virgin Mary.
Following the tour of Ephesus Virgin Mary’s House, you will go on to the Ephesus city tour itself. In the complex of ruins, your professional guide provides commentary about the history of the city and helps you discover its many architectural structures, including temples, theatres, libraries, houses, and even a brothel. Some of the major landmarks to admire are the Library of Celsus and the Temple of Hadrian.
You will also find the Temple of Artemis, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. Learn all about the glory of the city which was home to over 250,000 citizens and a trading hub of the ancient Mediterranean.
- See all main attractions in Turkey’s best-preserved city
- Explore the ancient ruins of Ephesus
- See the famous Temple of Artemis
- See the House of the Virgin Mary
- Learn about the history of Ephesus
- Land transportation by air-conditioned non-smoking vehicle
- English Speaking Guide
- Transfer service from Kusadasi Hotels / Port and Selcuk Hotels
- Admission fees to attractions
- Personal expenses
- Beverage during the tour
- Tips to the guide & driver (optional)
Know Before You Book
- There will be roughly 1mile walking in Ephesus Ancient City.
Know Before You Go
- Please wear comfortable clothes, hat, and shoes
- Take your camera (without professional equipment)
Full-Day Small Group Ephesus&Virgin Mary House Tour
Duration : 08:00
Live Commentary Language
This option is Cancellable. Click here to view cancellation policy.