Product Code : TAT-002
According to your tour pick-up time meet with your guide and start your half-day tour. Explore Hagia Sophia; which means Divine Wisdom, Hagia Sophia was the largest building on earth barring the Egyptian Pyramids or the Great Wall of China. Today's Hagia Sophia was built by the Emperor Justinian in 537AD. It was the religious center of the city during the Byzantine period. It was used as a church for 916 years and as a mosque for 481 years, In 1934, by the order of Mustafa Kemal Ataturk, it was converted into a museum and has since been open to the visitors.
Continue to with Hippodrome; Built by the Roman Emperor Septimus Severus in 203AD, during the Roman period hippodrome was the civil center for the people of the city which once could hold 100,000 spectators. Located in the heart of Sultanahmet surrounded by Blue mosque, Hagia Sophia, and Topkapi Palace, today it is home to The Egyptian Obelisk (Dikilitaş), The Serpentine Column (Burma sütun), The Constantine Column, and the German Fountain.
Next Blue Mosque; Built by the Ottoman Sultan Ahmet I in the year 1616, it is located opposite the Hagia Sophia. Blue mosque today is one of the most famous landmarks of the old city with its famous six minarets and magnificent dome. Although it is officially named Sultanahmet Mosque, the nick name Blue Mosque was given to it by the visitors because of the amazing blue tiles decorating the interior walls. At the end of the tour drive you back to the departure point.
- Learn history about Byzantines, Ottomans and modern Turks
- Visit treasures of Istanbul such as Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque
- Experience shopping in the grand bazaar, which has been the center of shopping for centuries
- Walk along the historical hippodrome and see German Fountain and obelisk
- Transfer service from/to centrally located Istanbul Hotels
- Land transportation by air-conditioned
- Admission fees to attractions
- English Speaking Guide
- Beverage during the tour
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Book
- Please contact us 72hrs prior to the departure for pick up confirmation
- Hagia Sophia is closed on Mondays and will be replaced with the Underground Cistern
- Blue Mosque is closed on Fridays due to Friday prayer so we wıll just visit from the garden
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
- Moderate walking is involved so please wear comfortable shoes
- There will be roughly 1 mile walking in Sultanahmet
Half-Day Tour To Hagia Sophia & Blue Mosque
Duration : 04:00
Live Commentary Language
This option is Cancellable. Click here to view cancellation policy.