Product Code : HES2D1N
Printed Voucher Required
On Day 1 (Thursday) we will visit: Rethimno - Imbros Gorge - Chora Sfakion - Komitades Fragokastelo - Rodakino - Myrthios - Preveli Monastery - Rethimno (B-L-D) Our tour will commence by picking you from your hotel at Heraklion after breakfast towards Chora Sfakion. Our first stop is the famous Imbros Gorge. Imbros Gorge is the second utmost known gorge in Crete after Samaria Gorge.
The gorge is fairly narrow with an abundance of trees, and that means you will have shade most of the time. After a 2 hour walk you end up at the village of Komitades where you will meet the bus to proceed the tour to Fragokastelo, Rodakino and the village of Myrthios for lunch, facing the Libyan sea. After lunch, you will check out the popular Byzantine Monastery of Preveli (10th Century) near the southern coast of Crete. The Monastery has a magnificent history due to the dynamic and leading involvement of its fellow monks in all national initiatives for the freedom and education of our people.
After touring Preveli we return to Rethimno for dinner and overnight. In case you do not wish to walk through the Gorge, you can proceed with the bus to visit Chora Sfakion (Sfakia) to spend some time relaxing, shopping and a swim at Vrissi (the Spring), a well-organized sandy beach with crystal-clear waters, sunbeds and umbrellas, at the western end of Sfakia.
On Day 2 (Thursday) we will visit: Rethimno - Chania - Rethimno - Knossos - Heraklio (B-L) After having breakfast at the hotel, we will start our tour by driving along the north coastal road, passing the resort city of Georgioupolis, a well-known for its fine beaches, to the city of Souda which is a port of Chania. There we will discover the principal Allied War Cemetery designed by architect Louis de Soissons. Head next towards the Venizelos Graves at the historical location of Profitis Ilias in Akrotiri where the tomb of Eleftherios Venizelos lays, one of the longest-serving Prime Ministers Greece.
We continue to the city of Chania for a brief visit before we come back to Rethimno to visit its Fortezza. The Fortezza is the citadel of the city of Rethimno. It was constructed by the Venetians in the 16th century (1573) to protect the city and was captured by the Ottomans in 1646.
- Explore southwestern region of Crete on this 2D/1N tour from Heraklion
- Explore the principal Allied War Cemetry designed by famous architect Louis de Soissons
- Services of a professional and expert tour guide
- Discover the beautiful southern western-Crete inclusive of breakfast lunch and dinner
- Discover the citadel city if Rethimno, Fortezza on Day 2
- Enjoy the traditional lunch at Myrthios overlooking the Lybian Sea
- Opportunity to visit the archaeological site of Knossos
- Spend the leisure time shopping and swimming at Vrissi at the western end of Skafia
- Visit the famous Imbros Gorge, Fragokastelo, Rodakino, Myrthios on Day 1
- Professional Guide during the tour
- Hotel accommodation -1 Night
- VAT and all legal taxes included
- Air-conditioned Motor-coach
- 2 Lunches at local restaurants (Agia Roumelli, Rethimno)
- Porterage Service
- Entrance Fee at the museums and the archaeological sites
- Entrance fee at the Imbors Gorge
- Drinks and beverages meals
Know Before You Book
- No payments will be refunded on cancellation
- Please wear sturdy shoes while hiking on the Imbros Gorge
- Please share your hotel details within 24 hours from the time of booking confirmation
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your voucher (printed/digital) at the meeting point
No options available on this date.