Product Code : ISTOUPAS03
During your visit to Istanbul, take time to discover ancient Sultanahmet, the heart of the Ottoman Empire, which is home to most of the historic sites of old Istanbul City. Among the iconic architectural marvel of the area and the city is Hagia Sophia. Originally a Christian basilica built 1,500 years when the city was called Constantinople it was converted into a mosque and has been a museum for many years now.
You can buy a Hagia Sophia ticket and sign up for a guided tour of the monumental structure. Your professional guide will provide interesting commentary to help you spot the blend of the Orthodox basilica with the traditional mosque features during the Hagia Sophia guided tour. One of the most impressive aspects of the Hagia Sophia is the fine Byzantine mosaics work made from gold, silver, glass and colorful stones, representing scenes from the Christian Gospels.
Don’t miss the 104 massive columns imported from the Temple of Artemis in Ephesus and Egypt. You will also be able to see large medallions inscribed with Islamic calligraphy in the central nave. Exploring the architecture and artistic details of the Hagia Sophia is of the most popular things to do in Istanbul.
- Admire the blend of Islamic and Christian elements
- Learn more about the architecture of the iconic landmark
- Find the 104 columns from Ephesus and Egypt
- See the Byzantine mosaic work
- Explore Hagia Sophia in Istanbul
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Free time at the monument
- Transport to or from the meeting point
Know Before You Book
- The museum is closed on Monday
- Students must need to verify their legitimate ID on travel day
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your voucher (printed/digital) at the meeting point
Hagia Sophia Entry with live guided tour
Duration : 01:00
Live Commentary Language
This option is Cancellable. Click here to view cancellation policy.