Product Code : TGE06
From Edinburgh we travel west, passing the historic and imposing Stirling Castle, high on its volcanic rock, and on to a visit at the magnificent Doune Castle (which featured in the TV series Outlander & cult movie ‘Monty Python and the Holy Grail’)
From there we drive into the Highlands, past the lovely Loch Lubnaig and up through impressive Glen Ogle, stopping nearby for lunch and beautiful views of the surrounding scenery. After lunch we drive further into the Highlands, passing one of the most photographed castles in Scotland, Kilchurn Castle, jutting into beautiful Loch Awe and stunningly framed by the surrounding mountains.
Then it’s on to Inveraray, a quaint small town built in the mid-18th century, on the shore of Loch Fyne. Explore the town and pick up some Highland souvenirs, or pay an optional visit to Inveraray Castle (April to October only), the historic home of the Duke of Argyll, chief of the Clan Campbell, which is set in large, beautiful gardens overlooking Loch Fyne.
We now start our homeward journey, driving over the Arrochar Alps, an attractive range of mountains, with a brief pause near the top of the Rest and Be Thankful Pass. A little later we reach enchanting Loch Lomond, where we stop at the pretty lochside village of Luss before returning to Edinburgh.
- See one of the most photographed castles in Scotland, Kilchurn Castle
- Visit the magnificent Doune Castle
- See the pretty Lochside village of Luss at Loch Lomond
- Visit a quaint small town built in the mid-18th century at Inveraray
- Luxury Modern air-conditioned coach
- Knowledgeable Driver-Guide
- Digital translations
- Food and drinks
- Entrance to attractions
Know Before You Book
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- We recommend you bring warm & waterproof clothing
Know Before You Go
- Students must need to verify their legitimate ID on travel day
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
- Please wear comfortable shoes as moderate amount of walking is involved
West Highland Lochs Mountains & Castles
Duration : 09:45
Live Commentary Language
This option is Cancellable. Click here to view cancellation policy.