Product Code : PRODUCT5588
Pickup Service Available
The Dutch cheese production is nowadays in the hands of dairy factories, which produce and export their cheeses around the world in millions of tonnes every year. The cheese markets of Alkmaar remind us of the days of a flourishing trade and have become popular tourist attractions today.
You’ll believe that you’ve stepped back in time when you visit the cheese market of Alkmaar Without a doubt, the Alkmaar cheese market is the main attraction in town. The tradition of this Cheese Market goes way back to 1365, as there was only one set of scales for weighing, cheese was traded on the Waagplein. The cheese was delivered early in the morning, and the cheese market masters and traders would check to see whether the cheeses had been well stacked. Up to 30,000 kilos, or 2200 whole cheeses, are lined up and waiting for customers.
Before enjoying some free time to discover the cheese market and the city on your own, embark on a brief guided walking tour through Alkmaar by an informative, friendly and professional live guide. You should never pass up an opportunity to see this colourful, folkloric spectacle! Back in Amsterdam your guide will give you your ticket for a Amsterdam canal cruise of Stromma Netherlands. The Amsterdam Canal Cruise passes all of Amsterdam's famous attractions. Canal houses from the Golden Age, the Westerkerk, the Anne Frank: the Canal Cruise takes you past all of them. Sightseeing in Amsterdam couldn't be a more relaxing experience.
- Find out how cheese is traded according to a centuries old tradition
- Watch the men in traditional clothing trading their Cheeses
- Enjoy your day on Amsterdam canal cruise
- Visit the famous Dutch Cheese Market
- Ticket for the Amsterdam Canal Cruise of Stromma Netherlands
- Live commentary on board
- Visit of Cheese Market
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Food and drinks
Know Before You Book
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- People with walking problems are not advised to take this tour
Know Before You Go
- Please exchange your printed/digital voucher at the meeting point
- Please wear comfortable shoes as moderate amount of walking is involved
No options available on this date.